It took me a while to accept the fact that I am an artist.
Music, from my earliest memories this lifetime, has been my constant, unbidden companion. My mind and my being have been, at all hours of the day or night, filled with beautifully aesthetic sounds demanding to be released through the language of music.
The joy of transmitting these feelings and sensations with the sublime, emotive language of music to be shared with others is an ongoing source of pleasure for me.
Only late in life did I discover the art and craft of writing. And then, almost by accident.
Writing brought a pleasure of a different sort in both the process and the result. By insisting that my thoughts and ideas be given physical form through words and sentences, paragraphs and pages my interest and skills in writing improved.
Music and writing are both essential to my life as both define me in different ways.
Philosophy or the love of wisdom also falls under the banner of art, at least in my mind.
My ongoing study of life and interpersonal relationships is a quest for the fundamentals of knowledge, wisdom, and truth, underscoring all that I have done or may do.
This endeavor is singularly rewarding when I am able to align my conceptual understanding of human behavior with the natural laws of life; and to share what I know and have discovered with others such that their curiosities may be excited by the possibility of life beyond the pale of human existence.
Such is my life.
daniel w. jacobs
(c) 2008-2030, all rights reserved
Following are links to other sites of mine that may be of interest:
Following are links to my annual writings. These are my “birthday gift to my friends.”
1. Create Your Own Luck, May 2000
2. Truth Is Freedom, May 2001
3. The Important Things, May 2002
4. The True Friends Group, May 2003
5. Life Is A Contact Sport, May 2004
6. On Reflection, May 2005
7. Vibrations Ebony – Thoughts on Truth and Freedom, May 2006
8. Dreams Into Reality, May 2007
9. In The Mind’s Eye, May 2008
10. The Seeds of Your Future, May 2009
11. You’re Better Than You Think You Are, May 2010
12. Zero to Seventy in the Wink of an Eye, May 2012
13. You’ll Find A Way, May 2013